Civilization VI Takes One More Turn on PlayStation 4, Xbox One November 22
It has been over a decade since Sid Meier’s Civilization has graced a PlayStation or Xbox console and it is our extreme pleasure to share that the critically acclaimed turn-based strategy series is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this fall!
Originally created by legendary game designer Sid Meier, Civilization is a turn-based strategy game where you attempt to build an empire to stand the test of time. The latest entry in the franchise, Civilization VI, offers new ways to engage with your world: cities now physically expand across the map; your actions help boost technology and civics research; and competing leaders pursue their own agendas based on their historical traits as you race to achieve victory.
That’s not all: the Expansion Bundle that includes both Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm adds a host of additional civilizations and leaders, new gameplay systems and depth, and unique challenges to the Civilization VI experience.
- In Rise and Fall, your choices will either inspire Loyalty or risk rebellion as you fight to maintain your empire and propel your civilization into a Golden Age. Lose your peoples’ Loyalty and you may find yourself in a Dark Age, but don’t fear – you may be able to rise again and trigger a Heroic Age.
- In Gathering Storm, the world is more alive than ever. Natural disasters like volcanic eruptions or storms can pillage or destroy your improvements and Districts. An evolving global ecosystem, shaped by your choices, can change the planet’s climate for better or worse. And, with the addition of the World Congress, you can make your voice heard among the other leaders of the world.
Not familiar with the Civilization series or Civilization VI? Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. While you wait for Civilization VI to drop this November, here are a few tips to help you dominate the competition.
Don’t ignore Barbarians
- Barbarians are big trouble in the early game. These lawless savages will send out Scouts to look for cities to pillage, so take them out when you see them. Recruit some Warriors and Slingers early to defend your cities and borders, and make it a priority to clear Barbarian camps when you find them.
Plan your cities
- Don’t just plop down a city anywhere! Take the time to scout the area around you. Look for a source of fresh water nearby, a food source you can harvest such as Wheat or Rice, and any Luxury resources or natural wonders to boost your city’s development.
- District placement is also a vital part of your strategy for success. Placing the Science District next to mountains will grant you extra Science points each turn, while placing the Commercial district next to a river will bring extra revenue. Plan your cities and specialize them to get the most out of your empire.
Embrace the Eurekas
- Science and Culture will allow you to unlock new Techs and Civics to grow your empire, leading to new units, Districts and Wonders. Certain in-game actions will trigger Eurekas, reducing the time needed to research some Techs and Civics. Settling a city on a coast will give you a boost for the Sailing technology, while defeating a unit with a Slinger will trigger the Eureka for Archery. Check the Tech and Civics trees in-game to learn more!
Choose a leader that fits your style
- One of the best parts of Civilization VI is that there are so many different ways to play, and every leader and subsequent civilization have their own unique playstyles. China, for example, can complete Wonders faster thanks to its unique bonuses and the ability of its Builders, while Rome favors territorial expansion and trade to accumulate wealth. Spain will tend to play an aggressive Religious game with various military bonuses linked to fighting civilizations with different religions. Try them all to see which best fit your preferences.
Know which victory to go for
- There are several different paths toward victory in Civilization VI. The simplest to start with would be the Domination victory, which requires you to use your army to occupy all capital cities on the map. Be the first to colonize Mars for the Science victory, or build world Wonders and become the preferred tourist destination of the world to win a Culture victory. How you win is up to you and your playstyle!
We can’t wait for you to get your hands on Civilization VI. Take one more turn with Civilization VI, along with the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm Expansion Bundle, on November 22, 2019 when it launches on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Nintendo Switch owners will be able to download the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm Expansion Bundle on the same day.
Follow the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn, and be sure to follow the Civilization franchise on social media to keep up to date with the latest news and information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.