This new content pack introduces Bà Triệu as the leader of Vietnam and Kublai Khan as an alternate leader of either China or Mongolia. Also included is the new Monopolies and Corporations game mode, as well as a new district (The Preserve), with new buildings (the Grove and the Sanctuary).
New “Monopolies and Corporations” Game Mode
- This optional game mode elevates strategic economic gameplay to a whole new level, offering enticing new rewards based on claiming, acquiring, and exploiting map resources in every era.
- Create an Industry around duplicate Luxury resources to grant powerful buffs to host cities and provide bonus Great Merchant points.
- Transform Industries into Corporations, which can be given customized names, increase Industry effects, and create Products. Products can be shipped to other cities to share Industry effects throughout a civilization.
- A Monopoly is created when a civilization dominates the global supply of a Luxury Resource. Monopolies provide additional Tourism and can significantly increase the Gold generated each turn.
New District and New Buildings
- New District: The Preserve district is placed in a secluded area untouched by infrastructure. It can Culture-bomb adjacent unowned tiles, gains additional Housing based on Appeal, and increases the Appeal of adjacent tiles.
- New Buildings: Two buildings can be constructed in the Preserve district. The Grove unlocks with Mysticism, while the Sanctuary unlocks with Conservation. Both increase the yields of adjacent Charming and Breathtaking tiles that have not been improved.
Get the game and the expansions
Civilization VI is required to play add-on content and some features of the New Frontier Pass require either the Gathering Storm or Rise and Fall expansion to work.
Continue your quest to build your greatest empire with the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, featuring eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including six new game modes. Delivering six DLC packs on a bimonthly basis from May 2020 to March 2021.