This new content pack introduces Basil II as the leader of Byzantium and Ambiorix as the leader of Gaul. The Byzantine Empire can subjugate enemies with religious and military might, supported by their two unique units, the Dromon Ship and the Tagma. The Gallic horde focuses on military flexibility boosted by a backbone of culture and production with their unique Oppidum district. Also included is the new Dramatic Ages game mode, a new Map Type and two new World Wonders.
New “Dramatic Ages” Game Mode - Requires the Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansion to play
- An optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes:
- A New “Normal”: Civilizations always enter a Dark Age or a Golden Age in every new era, both of which are more potent than ever and eliminate Normal Ages.
- New Policies: Players gain access to special Social Policies instead of making Dedications, including new and updated Golden Policies and Dark Policies that offer more flexibility and power.
- New Golden Age Boosts: Entering a Golden Age with extra Era Score will increase citizens’ Loyalty pressure on nearby civs.
- New Dark Age Challenges: The chaos of Dark Ages can cause cities to rebel!
- New Era Scores: Players gain Era Score by completing Technologies or Civics and promoting units through combat. (Players can still earn Era Score from Historic Moments as well.)
Additional New Content
- New World Wonders
- Biosphere: Increases Appeal from all Marsh and Rainforest tiles. In the Gathering Storm expansion, it boosts Power and Tourism. In other rulesets, it grants bonus Science for every Marsh, Rainforest, or Woods in the city that built it.
- Statue of Zeus: Gives free military units to the city that controls it and increases Production towards anti-cavalry units.
- New Map Script
- The Highlands map is a large region dominated by hills and mountain ranges.
New Frontier Pass
Select a platform
Get the game and the expansions
Civilization VI is required to play add-on content and some features of the New Frontier Pass require either the Gathering Storm or Rise and Fall expansion to work.
Continue your quest to build your greatest empire with the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, featuring eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including six new game modes. Delivering six DLC packs on a bimonthly basis from May 2020 to March 2021.