How to get your free Beyond Earth soundtrack
While the soundtrack for Civilization: Beyond Earth has been located inside of the game files since launch, many players found the structure of these files, as well as the file format, to be confusing. Following this feedback, we came up with a way to deliver the soundtrack files in friendly .mp3 format, all through the Steam client. So here's how to access the soundtrack files:
1. Open Steam, go your library and right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, then select "Properties"
2. Now select the "Betas" tab in the new window
3. Type in the password "soundtrackplease" into the access code field and click "Check Code"
4. Select the "soundtrack" beta from the pull-down
5. Open up your Beyond Earth directory (default location is [disk drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\) and feel free to copy the .mp3 files to anywhere else on your drive
And that's it! You'll find all 42 tracks from the Beyond Earth OST inside of that Soundtracks folder. All files have been properly labeled and are in .mp3 format, so now you can savor the sounds of Beyond Earth whenever and wherever you like. Enjoy!